Friday, May 30, 2008

Let’s Ponder: Do You Feel Like Your Appearance at the Workplace Affects Your Work Performance?

brown suit

I don’t know about you, but I feel like on days in which I look really put together and my hair and makeup look flawless, I am much more eager to do work and to be at work. I feel confident about my work ethic and am eager to do as much as possible, and get it done efficiently and effectively. On days, however, in which I just can’t get it together, I feel like I come in to work and try to hide in my little cubicle corner, just crossing my fingers that I don’t have to deal with anyone. It’s so awkward. I hate looking crappy at work. It has nothing to do with being sick or hungover or anything. It’s just in general. But on days in which I look good, I feel so great and so motivated. Even if I know that nobody will really see me at work that day, my appearance (good or bad) still affects everything.

I figure this is an obvious aspect of human nature. I mean obviously our appearance affects our lives, but I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this in the job sense. Like on days when I roll out of bed and head straight to work, I like totally dread the day and hide myself.

What do you guys think? Does your personal appearance affect you at the workplace or is it same ol’, same ol’ regardless?

No comments:


 
THE PLATINUM PEN - Blogged